April 24, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I purchase exclusive rights?

Simply send us an email expressing your interest in the exclusive rights to a particular beat, and we will let you know the price. Once purchase is made, we will remove the track from the website.

What are trackouts?

“Trackouts” or tracked out audio files, aka “stems” are the separate audio files the make up a particular instrumental. For instance, the kick, snare, synth, piano, and so on are all separate audio files that comprise the instrumental. These are useful for high-end mixing projects where the engineer may need to customize the mix of the instrumental around your vocals.

Can I make money off of songs I make with Mike Town Sounds beats/ sell them on Itunes?

Yes, you can. Please review your earnings limit depending on which license you purchased by looking at the license agreement (click here).

Do I have to pay the producer a percentage of the royalties I make?

No. All licenses are 100% royalty-free.

How long does it take for me to receive my purchase?

All purchases are sent instantly upon payment. Please allow up to 24 hours for receipt of exclusive purchases.

 Will the beat be removed from the website once I purchase it?

If you do not buy the “exclusive license”, no the beat will not be removed from the site. However, if you are receiving major success with a beat and you’d like it removed, contact us, and we can possibly work out a deal.

Can I use the song I make to a Mike Town Sounds beat in a Youtube video?


How does the copyright situation work?

Mike Towns Sounds will retain all copyright ownership of the tracks. However, you can copyright your “song” that you make to the instrumental separately. However, you must contact us before doing so as you will need to add the producer’s information in as a composer.

A beat I was listening to is now removed from the site. What happen to it?

If a beat is removed, its exclusive rights were bought. Once a beat is bought exclusively, it cannot be resold.

What forms of payments do you accept?

We accept all major debit/credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover). All transactions are made via Paypal. You do not have to have a Paypal account to make your transactions.

How do I pay for exclusive rights and services?

Send us and email and we will send you a request for payment via Paypal. You will be able to use any major debit/credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover) to make your purchase. Western Union is an option as well.

What if two different people buy the same beat?

If two different people buy the same beat, they can still each copyright their own song they make with that beat, and sell, distribute, perform and broadcast that song, keeping all their own royalties.

When you purchase a beat from Mike Towns Sounds the copyright for that beat alone still belongs to Mike Towns. However, the copyright for the song that you make with that beat, your lyrics combined with that beat, belongs to you. With the rights granted to you by the Mike Towns Sounds license agreement, you are allowed to sell, distribute, perform and broadcast (TV, radio, Internet) that song, keeping all of the royalties.

What are the differences between the MP3, WAV, and Tracked Out versions?

  MP3 file WAV file Tracked Out
Audio Quality: MP3 quality

(128 kbps)

CD quality

(16 bit, 44.1 kHz)

Studio quality

(24 bit, 44.1 kHz)